Mobilizon version 3.1 is out!
You might think that version 3.1 is a bit behind schedule, but in fact it's perfectly timed to coincide with the return of fine weather and the desire to be together, outside, on the street, in nature, on the street, wherever you want, on the street…
Use any addresses
Really anywhere you want, because if it wasn't possible to add an unknown address to the Mobilizon search engine, it is now possible by dragging the location icon on the map to the place you want!
Organisers of events in the middle of nature and the inhabitants of 2 street of no-uturn in the city of nowhere will be delighted!
Protect yourself from spam, spam, SPAM
If the success of a service is measured by the amount of spam it receives, mobilizon.fr is doing pretty well! But while we appreciate the fact that it's full of events, we're not so keen on the fact that it's full of phishing attempts...
Thanks to the Akismet service provided by the company behind the free software Wordpress, this annoyance should be reduced! This function for checking accounts on your instance is opt-in (you have to activate it yourself: it is not activated by default) and is reserved for administrators.
If enabled, the anti-spam system will check created profiles, events and comments and prevent them from being published. Admins can run a command to detect spam in existing content. Finally, the content of reports can also be sent to Akismet.
An API open to applications
The API has been extended so that it will eventually be able to run our external event import tool (coming soon, as announced in our [roadmap] (https://joinmobilizon.org/en/news/#23-03-08)).
In the meantime, it can now be used to build your own applications, and also adds healthy access limits (rate limiting) to the APIs for creating accounts, resetting passwords, logging in, etc.
Bug hunting (with tenderness)
- ICS/Atom exports, e.g. for adding events to your calendar or RSS feed, now only include future events (previously they also included past events). What's more, this makes for smaller exports!
- We thought it would be better to display events in chronological order. It also fixes a bug that was showing February events before January events... Handy, isn't it?
- Reporting spam is even quicker now that the focus automatically moves to the editing area. Previously you had to click in this area. Spammers: beware!
- On the admin side, an account's IP addresses and connection data are visible as soon as it is created (rather than when it is first connected).
- If you're using Docker, Mobilizon tried to extract the timezone data in the container but couldn't. The tzdata is now available in the container. The tzdata is now downloaded to an exposed folder on a specific volume. And that changes everything (at least).
That's not all, of course, and you can find a list of all the improvements and fixes in the changelog!
A job done thanks to and with your support
And of course, if we can offer you this alternative for your events and pursue the goals of our roadmap, it's thanks to your support (financial, but not only)!
Framasoft's main source of income is donations, which not only support Mobilizon, but also our "Take care of De-google-ify" campaign until June 7th (the rest of the year it also supports the association and its other projects)! Don't hesitate to participate and/or share the information with your friends and family!